Mathematics Moderatorship 2014-15
Senior Freshman Year
Note that these details are not yet final and are still subject to change.
- MA2215 Fields, rings and modules [prerequisite: MA1214] Lecturer: Prof. Sergey Mozgovoy
- MA2321 Analysis in several real variables [prerequisites: MA1123, MA1132, MA1212] Lecturer: Prof. David Simms
- MA2223 Metric spaces [prerequisite: MA1124] Lecturer: Prof. Sergey Mozgovoy
- MA2325 Complex analysis I [prerequisite: MA1123] Lecturer: Prof. Dmitri Zaitsev
- MA2331 Equations of mathematical physics I [prerequisite: MA1132] Lecturer: Prof. Stefan Sint
- MA2341 Advanced classical mechanics I [prerequisite: MA1242] Lecturer: Prof. John Bulava
- ST2352 Probability and Theoretical Statistics II [prerequisite: ST1251] Lecturer: Prof. Brett Houlding (Statistics)
Students take MA2215, MA2321, MA2223, MA2331, MA2325 + 1 from MA2341, ST2352. (This makes a total of 30 ECTS credits for this term. Unless indicated otherwise, modules are 5 credits.)
- MA2316 Introduction to number theory [prerequisite: MA2215] Lecturer: Prof. Timothy Murphy
- MA2322 Calculus on manifolds [prerequisite: MA2321] Lecturer: Prof. David Simms
- MA2224 Lebesgue integral [prerequisite: MA2223] Lecturer: Prof. Richard Timoney
- MA2326 Ordinary differential equations [prerequisite: MA1124] Lecturer: Prof. John Stalker
- MA2332 Equations of mathematical physics II [prerequisite: MA2331] Lecturer: Prof. Sinéad Ryan
- MA2342 Advanced classical mechanics II [prerequisite: MA2341] Lecturer: Prof. Dmytro Volin
- ST2351 Probability and Theoretical Statistics I Lecturer: Prof. Simon Wilson (Statistics)
- BC Broad Curriculum Modules
Students take MA2322, MA2224, MA2332, MA2326 + 2 from MA2316, MA2342, ST2351, other. (This makes a total of 30 ECTS credits for this term. Unless indicated otherwise, modules are 5 credits.)
Foundation Scholarship examination
For the information on the Foundation Scholarship examination in Mathematics, see here.
Sources of Information
The University of Dublin Calendar
All courses within Trinity College are administered in accordance with the regulations set out in the The University of Dublin Calendar which is published annually. The section of the Calendar setting out the general regulations of the College is published separately in the booklet General Regulations and Information and Board Statement on Safety which is distributed to all students on admission to College.
- All students should study the requirements of the university with regard to avoiding plagiarism. In particular all students are required to certify, on submitting assignments etc., that they have read and understood the plagiarism provisions in the General Regulations of the University Calendar for the current year found at https://www.tcd.ie/calendar, and that they have also completed the Online Tutorial on avoiding plagiarism ‘Ready Steady Write’ located at https://tcd-ie.libguides.com/plagiarism/ready-steady-write.
- Student Guidelines concerning Examinations and Assessment are available on the College web site.
- For students with special requirements resulting from disabilities, there are special arrangements that can be made.
- For dates of terms and other College dates consult the Key Dates listed on the College website.
- For information on their academic progress, including information on course and module registrations, lecture timetables, examination timetables and examination results, students should log into My.tcd.ie (the student administration portal) with their College username and password.
- Some modules may require students to log into MyModule (Blackboard) for lecture notes and slides, and for assessment purposes (online completion of tests , submission of assignments, etc.).
- There is a Student Homepage on the College website, which may be accessed via a link from the TCD Local page.
Please note that The University of Dublin Calendar should be consulted for definitive information about the rules, regulations, and activities of the University.