Mathematics Moderatorship 2014-15
Junior Freshman Year
Note that these details are not yet final and are still subject to change.
- MA1111 Linear algebra I Lecturer: Prof. Vladimir Dotsenko
- MA1123 Analysis on the real line I [10 credits] Lecturer: Prof. Donal O'Donovan
- MA1241 Mechanics I Lecturer: Prof. Jan Manschot
- ST1251 Introduction to Statistics I Lecturer: Prof. Arthur White (Statistics)
- MA1263 Introduction to numerical analysis Lecturer: Prof. Colm Ó Dúnlaing
Students take MA1111, MA1123, MA1241, ST1251, MA1263. (This makes a total of 30 ECTS credits for this term. Unless indicated otherwise, modules are 5 credits.)
- MA1212 Linear algebra II [prerequisite: MA1111] Lecturer: Prof. Vladimir Dotsenko
- MA1214 Introduction to group theory [prerequisite: MA1111] Lecturer: Prof. Dmitri Zaitsev
- MA1124 Analysis on the real line II [prerequisite: MA1123] Lecturer: Prof. Donal O'Donovan
- MA1132 Advanced calculus [prerequisites: MA1111, MA1123] Lecturer: Prof. Sergey Frolov
- MA1242 Mechanics II [prerequisite: MA1241] Lecturer: Prof. Jan Manschot
- ST1252 Introduction to Statistics II [prerequisite: ST1251] Lecturer: Prof. Arthur White (Statistics)
- MA1264 Introduction to programming in C/C++ Lecturer: Prof. Colm Ó Dúnlaing
Students take MA1212, MA1124, MA1132, MA1214 and two of MA1242, ST1252, MA1264. (This makes a total of 30 ECTS credits for this term. Unless indicated otherwise, modules are 5 credits.)
Sources of Information
The University of Dublin Calendar
All courses within Trinity College are administered in accordance with the regulations set out in the The University of Dublin Calendar which is published annually. The section of the Calendar setting out the general regulations of the College is published separately in the booklet General Regulations and Information and Board Statement on Safety which is distributed to all students on admission to College.
- All students should study the requirements of the university with regard to avoiding plagiarism. In particular all students are required to certify, on submitting assignments etc., that they have read and understood the plagiarism provisions in the General Regulations of the University Calendar for the current year found at https://www.tcd.ie/calendar, and that they have also completed the Online Tutorial on avoiding plagiarism ‘Ready Steady Write’ located at https://tcd-ie.libguides.com/plagiarism/ready-steady-write.
- Student Guidelines concerning Examinations and Assessment are available on the College web site.
- For students with special requirements resulting from disabilities, there are special arrangements that can be made.
- For dates of terms and other College dates consult the Key Dates listed on the College website.
- For information on their academic progress, including information on course and module registrations, lecture timetables, examination timetables and examination results, students should log into My.tcd.ie (the student administration portal) with their College username and password.
- Some modules may require students to log into MyModule (Blackboard) for lecture notes and slides, and for assessment purposes (online completion of tests , submission of assignments, etc.).
- There is a Student Homepage on the College website, which may be accessed via a link from the TCD Local page.
Please note that The University of Dublin Calendar should be consulted for definitive information about the rules, regulations, and activities of the University.