Mathematics modules for Science students 2019-20
Junior Fresh year
Students of TR061 Chemical Sciences and TR063 Physical Sciences take the compulsory modules
- MAU11S01 Mathematics for scientists I [10 credits] Lecturers: Prof. Alberto Ramos, Prof. Kirk Soodhalter
- MAU11S02 Mathematics for scientists II [10 credits] Lecturers: Prof. Miriam Logan, Prof. Colm Ó Dúnlaing
Students of TR062 Geography and Geoscience take the compulsory Michaelmas term module
- MAU11001 Mathematics, statistics & computation 1 [10 credits] Lecturers: Prof. Alberto Ramos, Prof. Anthony Brown
Students of TR060 Biological and Biomedical Sciences and TR056 Human Health and Disease take the compulsory Hilary term module
- MAU11002 Mathematics, statistics & computation 2 [10 credits] Lecturers: Prof. José Moreno, Prof. Anthony Brown
Senior Fresh year
Michaelmas term modules 2019-20
- MAU22S01 Multi-variable calculus for science [prerequisite: MAU11S02] Lecturer: Prof. Miriam Logan
- MAU22S03 Fourier analysis for science [prerequisite: MAU11S02] Lecturer: Prof. Anthony Brown
Hilary term modules 2019-20
Each module is worth 5 ECTS credits.
Foundation Scholarship examination
Information about the Foundation Scholarship examination in Mathematics can be found here.
Please consult the Science Course web pages for further information.
This course is funded by the Irish government under the National Development Plan 2007-2013 and aided by the European Social Fund (ESF) under the Human Capital Investment Operational Programme 2007-2013.