Mathematics for Science Students 2013-14
Note that this is a preliminary version for planning purposes. All details are not yet final and are still subject to change.
Junior Freshman Year
Those taking Mathematics for the maximum 20 possible 20 credits subject take
- MA1S11 Mathematics for Scientists (first semester) Lecturers: Prof. Tristan McLoughlin, Prof. Vladimir Dotsenko
- MA1S12 Mathematics for Scientists (second semester) Lecturers: Prof. Sergey Mozgovoy, Prof. Richard Timoney
Those not taking Mathematics as a full subject take
Senior Freshman Year
- MA22S1 Multivariable calculus for science [prerequisite: MA11S2] Lecturer: Prof. Stephen Britton
- MA22S3 Fourier analysis for science [prerequisite: MA11S2] Lecturer: Prof. Darran McManus
Those choosing both Mathematics and Physics take both modules. Each module has 5 credits.
- MA22S2 Vector calculus for science [prerequisite: MA22S1, MA22S3] Lecturer: Dr. Joe Ó hÓgáin
- MA22S4 Mechanics [prerequisite: MA22S1] Lecturer: Dr. Brendan Redmond
- MA22S6 Numerical and data analysis techniques [prerequisite: MA11S2] Lecturer: Prof. Nicolas Garron
Those choosing both Mathematics and Physics take modules MA22S3 and MA22S4. Modules MA22S4 and MA22S6 will clash and cannot be taken together. Each module has 5 credits.
Foundation Scholarship examination
For the information on the Foundation Scholarship examination in Mathematics, see here.
The Science Course web pages are a good place for information.
This course is funded by the Irish government under the National Development Plan 2007-2013 and aided by the European Social Fund (ESF) under the Human Capital Investment Operational Programme 2007-2013.