Mathematics for Science Students 2012-13
Note that these details are as at the end of the academic year 2011-12.
Junior Freshman Year
Those taking Mathematics for the maximum 20 possible 20 credits subject take
- MA1S11 Mathematics for Scientists (first semester) Lecturers: Prof. Richard Timoney, Prof. Stefan Sint
- MA1S12 Mathematics for Scientists (second semester) Lecturers: Prof. Sergey Mozgovoy, Prof. Colm Ó Dúnlaing
Those not taking Mathematics as a full subject take
Senior Freshman Year
- MA22S1 Multivariable calculus for science [prerequisite: MA11S2] Lecturer: Prof. Masha Vlasenko
- MA22S3 Fourier analysis for science [prerequisite: MA11S2] Lecturer: Prof. Darran McManus
Those choosing both Mathematics and Physics take both modules. Each module has 5 credits.
- MA22S2 Vector calculus for science [prerequisite: MA22S1, MA22S3] Lecturer: Dr. Joe Ó hÓgáin
- MA22S4 Mechanics [prerequisite: MA22S1] Lecturer: Dr. Brendan Redmond
- MA22S6 Numerical and data analysis techniques [prerequisite: MA11S2] Lecturer: Prof. Nicolas Garron
Those choosing both Mathematics and Physics take modules MA22S3 and MA22S4. Modules MA22S4 and MA22S6 will clash and cannot be taken together. Each module has 5 credits.
Foundation Scholarship examination
For the information on the Foundation Scholarship examination in Mathematics, see here.
The Science Course web pages are a good place for information.
This course is funded by the Irish government under the National Development Plan 2007-2013 and aided by the European Social Fund (ESF) under the Human Capital Investment Operational Programme 2007-2013.