Ta strona jest tez dostepna po polsku
Diese Seite ist auch auf Deutsch erhaeltlich
Przemek's bit on the WWW
Hi! Welcome to my place in the web. I'm glad that you took
a look at my homepage while surfing across the Internet. I hope to spark your interest.
At first a couple of informations about myself:
- Age and appearance
- 31 years old, height 185 cm, weight 72 kg
- Marital status
- 2001 to present Student of the
Faculty of Actuaries in Edinburgh
- 10/1996 - 10/2000
Chemnitz University of Technology,
Germany, PhD Computational Physics
(download the PhD thesis)
- 10/1994 - 10/1995 Scholarship and study at Technische Universiät Chemnitz, Germany
- 10/1991 - 07/1996 Stanislaw Staszic University of Mining and Metallurgy, Krakow Poland, MSc Technical Physics
- 09/1987 - 06/1991 Secondary school, Katowice Poland, A level in Mathematics and Physics with distinction
- Work experience
- 11/2002 to present Research Fellow in the Department of Physics,
Trinity College Dublin
- 11/2000 - 10/2002 Research associate in the Department of Mathematics,
- 08/1994 Summer student at
Deutsches Elektronen Synchrotron (DESY)
Proposal for the Undergraduate Research Experience Programme 2006
Talk abstract for conference in Dresden March 2006
Lectures on probability and statistics 12-14/10/2005
The Theoretical Physics Project 02/09/2005
My review of the book Lax M, Cai W, Xu M, `Random Processes in Physics and Finance', Oxford University Press 24/08/2005
Report for the SFI inspector 09/06/2005
- Fields of interest
- Financial mathematics
- Modelling price share price returns as Continuous-time Random Walks,
- Application of Random Matrix Theory to portfolio management,
- Portfolio management in a non-Gaussian market,
- Statistical simulations with Java Applets:
- Agent-based models
of the stock-market.
- Financial data providers,
- Statistical mechanics
- Spin glasses: Ising(Potts) models on quasiperiodic lattices
- Dynamical triangulations, random surfaces, toy models of 2D quantum gravity
- The three dimensional Ising Model.
- Stochastic processes
- Path Integrals
- How to
Feynman quantum mechanical one particle transtion amplitudes
in configurational space.
- The theory of quasicrystals.
Read my introduction to physical properties of these materials.
Here are some nonperiodic tilings to be used them as a wallpaper
or a decoration of your bathroom.
I take orders for wallpaper or bathroom-tile production with a quasiperiodic pattern.
- My scientific publications are to be seen here.
- Translation of some polish poetry-songs and science fiction stories into german and english:
- Sport practising, especially jogging, swimming and skating, sometimes canoeing
If you want to send me a feedback just e-mail me
This page has been accessed