Welcome to the first issue of Maths Club News. This is a news letter and a web based magazine for all those who are interested in mathematics. Comments and suggestions regarding content, format and contributions are very welcome.
Here are some of the things we would like to do:
- Explain exciting ideas in mathematics
- outline the life and work of mathematicians
- Present ways of looking at old problems
- List sites where ideas of mathematics are explained
- Have a section on problems and puzzles
- List those who have sent in correct solutions: with solutions of problems in previous issue of this magazine.
- Give a list of web links that we found interesting
- List books on mathematics that we found interesting
- Suggestions regarding web links that are good are very welcome.
- Stories about numbers
- Lives of famous mathematicians
- Stories about topics: Quadratic Equations
- Web links
- Books of interest
- Careers: Financial Mathematics
- Problems and Puzzles: Team Projects
- Challenge Problems
- How to send in solutions
- How to send in suggestions
- Teachers Corner: Tips for Explaining Concepts
- Help Line
- Contact details