MA3486 - Fixed Point Theorems and Economic Equilibria
Module MA3486, Hilary Term 2016 — Relevant lecture notes
from previous years
Dr. David R. Wilkins
Notes from Previous Years in Related Modules
- Module MA2321, Michaelmas Term 2015, Section 6
- A significantly edited version of the notes for Section 6 of
the current MA2321 module should provide the basis for
part of the introductory section of module MA3486 in
Hilary Term 2016.
- Module MA2321, Michaelmas Term 2015, Additional Notes, Section 9
- Subsections 9.1 and 9.4 of the “additional notes”
for MA2321, and, in particular, results concerning
the existence of Lebesgue numbers for open covers of
closed bounded subsets of Euclidean spaces should also be
incorporated into the initial section of module MA3486
in Hilary Term 2016.
- Module MA421, Michaelmas Term 2002
- The material for MA3486 should expand upon the material
covered in Sections 4 and 5 of the MA421 notes for
Michaelmas Term 2002. However these notes do presume
knowledge of some results of real analysis (or point set
topology) relating to compactness, which include the
Lebesgue Lemma. The first section of module MA3486
should supply the necessary background material.
Section 5 of these MA421 notes states and proves
an existence theorem for an equilibrium in a
simple economic model. This is a topic that
should be pursued in greater depth in MA3486.
- Module MA3428, Hilary Term 2011, Sections 3 to 5
- Section 3 of the MA3428 notes for Hilary Term 2011 contains
a more detailed treatment of the geometry of simplicial
complex, with more concrete examples and diagrams. And
edited version of Section 3 of these notes should provide
the basis for material covering the geometry of
simplicial complexes, barycentric subdivision and the
simplicial approximation theorem taught in MA3486 in
Hilary Term 2016.
Back to D.R. Wilkins: MA3486
Back to D.R. Wilkins: Lecture Notes
Dr. David R. Wilkins,
School of Mathematics,
Trinity College Dublin.