I'm a PhD student in the University of Cambridge, where I also did a masters. I was previously an undergraduate of Trinity College, Dublin. I'm a member of its sister college in Cambridge, St. John's.
My first name is pronounced "Rui" - it's Irish, so the "dh" is silent.
I am a complex geometer. I'm interested in the relationship between the existence constant scalar curvature Kähler metrics and certain notions of stability, in the sense of geometric invariant theory. I am also interested in singularity theory, for example, log canonical thresholds of divisors and multiplier ideal sheaves. My supervisor is Julius Ross.
I run Geometry Tea, a series of informal junior geometry talks. I'm also one of the organisers of Happy Hour in the CMS. An email adress for e.g. requests is cmshappyhour(at)gmail.com.
When I was (much) younger I made two films with friends: Caught on Film (SD, HD) and The Diary (SD, HD). The Diary is better.
- Alpha invariants and K-stability for general polarisations of Fano varieties arXiv:1307.6527
Some conferences I've been to or am going to:
- Asymptotic Aspects of Complex and Algebraic Geometry, Universita di Milano Bicocca, 23 - 28 June 2014
- Edge Days, University of Edinburgh, 6 - 8 June 2014
- Irish Workshop on Kaehler Geometry and Geometric Analysis, University College Cork, 12 - 14 May 2014
- Minicourses on Stability, University of Coimbra, 10 - 12 April 2014
- Traumatic Workshop, Imperial College, 3 - 4 April 2014
- William Rowan Hamilton Geometry and Topology Workshop, Trinity College, Dublin 27 - 31 August 2013
- Ricci curvature: limit spaces and Kahler geometry, ICMS, Edinburgh 1 - 5 July 2013
- Edge Days, University of Edinburgh, 7 - 9 June 2013
- Compactifying Moduli Spaces, CRM Barcelona 27 - 31 May 2013
My CV, where you can find my email address, if you'd like to contact me.