M.Sc. in High-Performance Computing
To complete your M.Sc. studies, you should take a total of 60 ECTS units of coursework plus a project (30 ECTS) making a total of 90 ECTS. Many modules will have a written exam in the summer examination period. Most modules include some amount of continuous assessment. Students are expected to be familiar with College regulations. The College Calendar (Part 2) details the regulations for the programme. It states: The pass mark for all elements is 50%. To be awarded the M.Sc. students must achieve a pass in the dissertation, have an overall average mark for the course of at least 50% and pass core and optional modules amounting to at least 50 credits and achieve a minimum of 40% in any failed modules. The M.Sc. with distinction may be awarded to students who pass all modules and achieve at least 70% both in the overall mark for the course and in the dissertation
- MA5611 High Performance Computing Software (10 ECTS) Lecturer: Dermot Frost
- MA5612 High-Performance Computing Systems and Hardware (10 ECTS) Lecturer: Dermot Frost
- MA5613 C Programming (5 ECTS) Lecturer: Marina Marinkovic
- MA5614 C++ Programming (5 ECTS) Lecturer: David Wilson
- MA5621 Tools for Scientific and Technical Computing (5 ECTS) Lecturer: Paddy Doyle
- MA5633A Numerical Methods (5 ECTS) Lecturer: Marina Marinkovic
- MA5691 Seminar series (5 ECTS) Module coordinators: Stefan Sint and Marina Marinkovic
- MA599 High-Performance Computing Project (30 ECTS)
Optional Modules - Primary List- You should select up to 15 ECTS from the following.
- MA5634 Stochastic Methods (5 ECTS) Lecturer: Stefan Sint
- PG modules. Suitable post-graduate modules are available in other schools. If you want to take such an option, please discuss this with your course coordinator
- MA5615 GPU Programming with CUDA (5 ECTS) Lecturer: Jose Refojo
- MA5635 Financial Applications (prerequisite MA5634) (5 ECTS) Lecturer: Darach Golden
- PG modules. Suitable post-graduate modules are available in other schools. If you want to take such an option, please discuss this with your course coordinator.
Optional Modules - Secondary List- You should select up to 5 ECTS from the following. If there is a further relevant module available, it may be admissible (contact your course coordinator).
- ST4003 Data Analytics Lecturer: Myra O'Regan
- MA4445 Quantum Field Theory I Lecturer: Samson Shatashvilis
- MA342H Partial Differential Equations Lecturer: Paschalis Karageorgis
- MA4446 Quantum Field Theory II Lecturer: Samson Shatashvili
Course content is subject to change